Friday, August 30

Ignorance is bliss...

I am the first to admit that I am not a great photographer. I love my camera but I know very little about how to use it properly. I was told by Eric's cousin, Arkaitz, who was visiting us from Spain this week (in delightfully broken English), "You need to take class about how to use camerrra."

It's true. I do. But sometimes ignorance can work to your advantage. For instance, I love these pictures. They were taken in the evening at one of our favorite beaches. The overcast sky was the most beautiful shade of pink I think I've ever seen. They're soft and blurry because I don't know what I'm doing. I probably never would have done this on purpose. I'm too much of a perfectionist. But I like to think of it as a happy accident. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...











2 comments:

sariah said...

they almost have an ethereal, ghostly quality..... I love your unintentional artistry!

Cassondra said...

Super cool, Michelle! These are beautiful! I'm sad I missed you on your way through here earlier this month (even more sad that I left the house such a mess - lol). Jake loved seeing you, though. Thank you so much for calling and stopping over!
Love and miss you guys!